- stalks of celery, diced small
- medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- rubbed sage
- 1 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
- 4-6 bags of pepperidge farm herb stuffing mix or 2 large bags.
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth, if necessary to use
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Nana's Best Turkey Dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove giblets from turkey. Cook in large covered pot with water. Add diced celery, diced onion, rubbed sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook on low-medium heat until tender. Remove giblets from pot and set aside to cool.
- 2Save all giblet broth to add to turkey broth. After the turkey has finished baking, carefully drain turkey broth into a large bowl. Add the giblet broth to turkey broth. Add stuffing mix to broth. Using a wooden spoon, mix together until moist until a ball can be formed in your hand and stay together (not stiff with bread).
- 3Taste and add more salt if necessary. Add cans of chicken broth, if necessary. Spread into 9 x 13 pans or spoon into muffin tins. Bake until brown and crispy on top.