My New Twist On Stuffed Peppers
- hard boild eggs
- green peppers
- 1 lb
- fresh gound turkey
- 3/4 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 can(s)
- 1/2 c
- chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 c
- instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- honey bbq sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make My New Twist On Stuffed Peppers
- 1Preheat your oven to 350.
- 2Cover 4 eggs in water in a sauce pan and boil until hard boiled. Drain and peel and set aside to cool.
- 3Wash pepper's and cut off top's and clean out seeds and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl; add ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, ketsup, rice, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- 5Place in the center of hand some turkey mix and place an egg over it and add enough turkey mix to cover the egg completely.
- 6Shape turkey mix around egg and gently press into the prepared green pepper.
- 7Continue with the remaining mix, eggs and pepper's until all are filled.
- 8Place filled pepper's in a pan side by side so they don't fall over and set aside.
- 9In a medium bowl pour the tomato sauce and add the honey bbq sauce and blend well and pour over the filled peppers.
- 10Place in pre-heated 350 oven on center rake and bake for 1 hour our until peppers are softened and meat is cooked through.
- 11Remove from oven and serve with your favorite salad.