Mother's Day Cornbread Taco Casserole
- 1-20 oz. pkg
- bob's red mill gluten free cornbread mix
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1 lb
- ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- canned tomato puree
- 2 pinch
- 1/2-10 oz.
- bag, frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1-2 c
- shredded cheese
How to Make Mother's Day Cornbread Taco Casserole
- 1Grease a 9x9" square oven safe casserole dish.
Prepare your meat mixture first. Fry up the meat in the coconut oil until the pink is just gone, then add the Worcestershire sauce and taco seasoning. Add the tomato and saffron and corn. Saute for about 5 more minutes on med. low. Cool down.
- 2Once the meat has completely cooled, make the cornbread mix according to the package directions. I used non-sweetened almond milk as opposed to dairy in the cornbread.
- 3Pour 1/2 the cornbread batter into the greased casserole dish. Top with the turkey mixture, add the grated cheese, then pour the remaining cornbread batter on top of the cheese, smooth it gently.
- 4Bake at 350'F for 30 minutes until golden on the top. Cool on a wire wrack and cut into squares. Serve with a nice green salad or other vegetables on the side.
- 5Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day!