Maple-Glazed Roasted Turkey Breast
1 largeturkey breast, bone-in (about 900g)
1/2 Tbspolive oil
1 pinchblack pepper
1 Tbspunsalted butter
1 Tbsppure maple syrup
1 tspherbes de provence
1 1/2 capple cider
1/3 cpoultry gravy mix (35g size packet)
How to Make Maple-Glazed Roasted Turkey Breast
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Split breast in half, then put the pieces in a roasting pan. Brush well with the oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the middle rack of the oven.
- Meanwhile, put the butter, maple syrup, and herbs in a small cup, then put the cup in a microwave oven on High heat for about 1 minute, to combine. Set aside.
- After the turkey has roasted 50 minutes, baste the turkey with the maple mixture. Continue to cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 170ºF (77ºC).
- Remove the turkey from the oven, and baste it again with the remaining maple mixture. Cover the turkey loosely with aluminum foil, and let it rest 10 minutes (to reabsorb all the juice)
- Meanwhile, use the juice in the roasting pan to prepare a gravy. Pour the cider into the pan to loosen any brown bits. Whisk in the gravy mix then put the pan on the stove top, bring it to a boil and let the gravy reduce for a few minutes.
- Serve the turkey with the gravy on the side or drizzled over each serving.