leftover turkey taquitos
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a great way to use leftovers without seeming like you are using leftovers. I added the jalapeno juice because I like things a bit spicy. But customize this recipe to what you like. These would be great to much on while watching some football! The Test Kitchen
4 cuse leftover turkey, clean that carcass lots of meat there!!
1/2 cdiced onion
1 pkg12 corn tortillas
·pickled jalapeno, diced fine and a little pickled jalapeno juice (optional for a bit of flavor and heat)
·salt, pepper to taste for both turkey and guacamole
How to Make leftover turkey taquitos
- Heat tortillas in clean dish towel til soft, 2 min, depending on microwave.
- Meanwhile, fill large pan with about 1-inch oil and let get hot; med-high flame.
- Fill with meat and onion mixture roll seam side down.
- Place in hot oil and fry til golden brown and crunchy.
- Make guacamole before you start the frying process . Serve with salsa, your choice.
- Oops, I forgot to add how I make guacamole!! Remove the avocado from skin, mash with fork, and add about 1/2 cup sour cream. Get the pickled jalapenos 1-2 or more depending on how hot you like it and dice fine. Next add salt, pepper, a little of the jalapeno juice from jar/can, about a tablespoon. Stir all ingredients til smooth. Enjoy!!