- 1 lb
- 93% lean ground turkey
- scallions, sliced
- 8 tsp
- korean chile paste (see tip below) *
- 1 tsp
- toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp
- low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 small
- whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 12 slice
- english cucumber
- 1 c
How to Make Korean Turkey Burgers with Kimchi
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high
- 2Combine turkey, scallions, 5 teaspoons chile paste and sesame oil in a medium bowl; gently knead together. Do not overmix. Form into 4 burgers, about 4 inches wide.
- 3Oil the grill rack. Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and the remaining 3 teaspoons chile paste in a small bowl. Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with 2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise mixture, 3 slices cucumber and 1/4 cup kimchi each.
- 5*Tip: For the korean chile you can find Annie Chun's brand in most large supermarkets or in Asian Markets. To make a substitute, combine 2 tablespoons each white miso and Asian-style chile sauce (such as sriracha) and 2 teaspoons molasses.
Calories:341, Fat:12g, Sat Fat:3g, Mono Fat:1g, Cholesterol:67mg, Carb:33g, Sugars:7g, Protein:28g, Fiber:5g, Sodium:731mg, Potassium:441mg