Kentucky Hot Browns
How to Make Kentucky Hot Browns
- 1In a saucepan melt butter and blend in flour, but do not let brown.
- 2Remove sauce pan from heat and chill.
- 3Heat broth and milk to boiling point.
- 4Add hot milk to the flour mixture while beating vigorously with a wire whisk until sauce thickens.
- 5Season with salt, pepper and cheese. Simmer until cheese melts.
- 6To assemble hot browns, trim toast and place on 4 individual ovenproof platters.
- 7Arrange the turkey slices over the toast and cover completely with cream sauce.
- 8Place 2 slices of tomatoes and two strips of bacon on each dish.
- 9Place platters in preheated 375 degree oven until hot browns are bubbly.
- 10This will serve four.