- 2 c
- turkey broth or stock (preferably straight from the bird)
- 2 tsp
- ap flour
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- * you can use leftover gravy from your meal if you have any left over.
- 2 - 3 c
- diced leftover turkey
- 4 - 6 slice
- white or whole wheat bread
- *optional - leftover stuffing or mashed potatoes
GRAVY FOR SANDWICHES
How to Make Hot Turkey Sandwiches with Gravy
- 1Making Gravy: Melt butter in a large sauce pan and saute the diced onion till they're clear. Add flour and mix till it forms a thick paste.
- 2add the broth slowly, stirring it into the flour roux till it is incorporated and thinned out.
- 3Add the Diced turkey, salt and pepper, tasting and adjusting as necessary and allow to simmer on low till it is reduced
- 4place bread slices on plate (two per serving) and spoon out the turkey and gravy to cover the bread.
Serve Open faced.
If you prefer, you can serve the turkey and gravy over leftover potatoes or stuffing.... or you can use the leftover potatoes or stuffing as an extra layer to your sandwich. I also like to add a little cranberry relish on the side.