Hot Turkey Sandwiches
You can of course toss in any other leftovers that you like as well: cranberries, stuffing, other veggies, etc.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one delicious way to use up your leftover turkey! We love that this was the first recipe Brandi ever developed... a tasty sign of wonderful things to come! The Test Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp
- margarine or butter
- 2 small
- carrots, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 c
- sliced celery
- 3/4 tsp
- snipped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 can(s)
- (10-1/2 oz) turkey gravy or 1-1/4 cups homemade turkey gravy
- turkey, cooked, sliced or chopped (several pieces of turkey per sandwich)
- french sandwich rolls, split
How to Make Hot Turkey Sandwiches
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot margarine, cook carrots, onion, celery, and thyme until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Add turkey. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- 3Lightly butter bread, place on a cookie sheet and broil until slightly golden. Place bread on serving plates.
- 4Divide turkey and gravy mixture evenly among bread slices. (Can top with cheese and broil if you desire.)