Hot Brown from the Brown Hotel
The recipe can be doubled.
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c
- plus 1 tbs. of romano cheese
- 1 tsp
- each of salt & pepper
- 14 oz
- roasted turkey breast. divided into 7 oz each
- 2 slice
- thick sliced bread, crust removed, toasted
- 4 slice
- thick bacon, cooked crisp
- roma tomatoes, sliced in half
- paprika, sweet mild
How to Make Hot Brown from the Brown Hotel
- 1Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Whisk in flour until combined. Cook until a thick paste (roux) forms. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Whisk in heavy cream and cook until mixture begins to simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- 3For each Hot Brown, place a slice of toast in an oven-safe dish. Cover with turkey. Place tomato halves alongside. Pour sauce over top to completely cover. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4Place dish under a broiler and cook until cheese begins to bubble and brown. Remove from broiler, cross 2 pieces of crisp bacon on top, and sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Serve immediately.