Herbed Turkey Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 lbturkey breast, whole and boned
1/4 cparsley, chopped
2 Tbspthyme, fresh minced
2 ozfontina cheese, sliced
2/3 cchicken broth
1/3 cwhite wine, dry
2 Tbspwater, cold
How to Make Herbed Turkey Roast
- Rinse turkey, pat dry, and place, skin down, on a board; sprinkle meat side with chopped parsley and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with cheese and prosciutto, overlapping slices.
- Starting with a long edge, roll up turkey firmly, jelly roll style; overlap 3-4 sprigs down length of roll; tie roll securely with string at 2" intervals. (At this point, you may cover and refridgerate until next day.)
- Place turkey, thyme side up, in slow cooker; pour in broth and wine, then cover and cook until meat in thickest part is very tender when pierced (9-10 hours).
- Carefully lift turkey to a warm platter and keep warm.
- Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid; blend in cornstarch (blended with water).
- Increase cooker to HIGH; cover and cook, stirring 2 or 3 times, until sauce is thickened.
- Remove and discard strings and thyme sprigs from turkey; slice meat 1/4" thick.
- Garnish with additional thyme sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with sauce.