Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 10 lb
- fresh sprigs of thyme
- rosemary sprigs
- onion, quartered
- lemon peel, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- mushrooms, dried and reconstituted, reserve 1 cup liquid
- 1 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine, dry
- 2 tsp
- potato starch
- 1/2 tsp
- chives, dried
- 1/4 tsp
- 5/8 tsp
How to Make Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy
- 1NOTE: To reconstitute mushrooms, cover 1/2 ounce dried sliced mushrooms with 1 1/2 cups warm water; Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 325.
- 3Remove turkey giblets and neck from body cavities.
- 4Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Starting at neck, using your fingers, gently loosen skin over entire breast.
- 6Place thyme and rosemary sprigs at even intervals under skin; pat skin back in place.
- 7Place onion and lemon peel in body cavity, then place turkey breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
- 8Roast turkey 3 1/2-4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in fleshy part of inner thigh (not touching bone) reaches 180.
- 9Let stand 15 minutes before carving; remove skin before eating.
- 10Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measure; let stand 5 minutes.
- 11Skim off and discard fat; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan.
- 12Add mushrooms and 1 cup mushroom liquid, broth, wine, potato starch, chives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 13Simmer 2 minutes, then serve with turkey.