Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4fresh sprigs of thyme
1lemon peel, thinly sliced
1 cmushrooms, dried and reconstituted, reserve 1 cup liquid
1 cchicken broth, low salt
2 Tbspwhite wine, dry
2 tsppotato starch
1/2 tspchives, dried
How to Make Herb Roasted Turkey with Mushroom Gravy
- NOTE: To reconstitute mushrooms, cover 1/2 ounce dried sliced mushrooms with 1 1/2 cups warm water; Let stand 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Remove turkey giblets and neck from body cavities.
- Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels.
- Starting at neck, using your fingers, gently loosen skin over entire breast.
- Place thyme and rosemary sprigs at even intervals under skin; pat skin back in place.
- Place onion and lemon peel in body cavity, then place turkey breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast turkey 3 1/2-4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in fleshy part of inner thigh (not touching bone) reaches 180.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving; remove skin before eating.
- Meanwhile, to prepare gravy, pour pan drippings into a 2-cup measure; let stand 5 minutes.
- Skim off and discard fat; pour remaining liquid into small saucepan.
- Add mushrooms and 1 cup mushroom liquid, broth, wine, potato starch, chives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 2 minutes, then serve with turkey.