Ground Turkey Chili Stew
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 2 large
- onions cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 lb
- ground turkey
- 1 tsp
- course salt
- 1 tsp
- chili powder
- 5 clove
- garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 c
- diced potatoes, i used yukon gold
- ribs celery, chopped
- 13 oz. container roasted mild green chilies
- chopped pepperoncini chilies, seeds removed
- 1/2 bunch
- asparagus, fresh, chopped
- 6 slice
- sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 large
- can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz
- tomato juice or v-8 juice
- 3/4 c
- green chili wine or bottle lite beer
- 2 can(s)
- kidney beans (keep the liquid)
How to Make Ground Turkey Chili Stew
- 1Note: If you want you can use lager beer instead of the lite beer to give it a deeper flavour. Also you can also use hotter chilies if you like more of a kick in you chili.
- 2Put the coconut oil in a large sauce and heat it until its hot. Add the onions and saute until tender and transparent.
- 3Add the ground turkey and cook until it's no longer pink. Add the salt, chili powder and garlic. Cook for a few more minutes to incorporate the flavours.
- 4Add the potatoes, celery, chilies, pepperoncinis, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato juice, chili wine or beer. Cook about 15 minutes to make sure the potatoes are tender.
- 5Add the kidney beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
You can also leave this to simmer longer if you like, it can only get better tasting! You can make this a day ahead and it tastes even better the next day.