★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- ground turkey
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- feta cheese
- 1/2 c
- chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tsp
- greek oregano, or dried oregano
- 1/4 c
- sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped fine
- sliced red onion (very thin)
- tzatziki sauce recipe (at bottom)
- drizzle of olive oil for turkey meat
- lettuce & tomato if desired
How to Make GREEK STUFFED TURKEY BURGERS
- 1Combine ground turkey, buttermilk,& a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside for ten minutes. Buttermilk tenderizes the meat.
After ten minutes, roll turkey into large balls and press a divot into the center with thumb to add filling. Set on parchment lined baking sheet and prepare filling.
Feta, Olives, Sundried tomatoes and oregano.
Stuff by the tablespoonfull into turkey pockets.
Wrap turkey around filling sealing well all edges and press gently into patties.
Saute in frying pan, grill or broil about 5 minutes a side until juices run clear or 165 internal temp with meat thermometer. TURKEY MUST BE COOKED COMPLETELY FOR SAFETY.
Set aside and let rest while preparing sauce as follows.
1/4 cup peeeled, seeded chopped cucumber
1/2 cup nonfat greek plain yogurt (Fage or Chobani are best)
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 TBLSP of fresh dill
Dash of hot sauce
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper.
- 4Assemble turkey burgers on any favorite kaiser shaped roll.
Top with sliced red onion and Tzatziki sauce.
Top with lettuce and tomato if desired