Granna's Cornbread Dressing
You'll need the largest corningware or disposable pan. A 9x13 is way too small, you'll need about 11x16x2.5 This recipe serves up to 24-36 people *ideally* but seems to never been enough for a family of 8 ;)
Adding step-by-step pics soon!
1 1/2 conion, diced
1/2 ccelery, diced
2eggs, hard boiled, diced
10 cbread, torn, dry
1 1/2 tsprubbed sage
4 can(s)chicken broth
1/2 cturkey broth
How to Make Granna's Cornbread Dressing
- Dice onion, boiled eggs, and celery, then combine in a large mixing bowl. This will later be the same bowl you'll add your dry components to.
- Shred the bread, about the size of a quarter, and measure the amount needed, then spread on a bake tray to toast in-oven. No need to brown them.
- Cut open the cornbread packaging, and combine with the diced vegetables; when bread is sufficiently dried, place and mix in the other items in the bowl. Mix with your hands till it looks even.
- In the baking pan, pour all of yours broths into it, then add your pepper, salt, and sage and stir till the sage is well broken up. Empty the bowl mixture into your baking pan, then mix if needed to saturate all ingredients.
- Level the pan out, then place your pan in the oven thats been heated to 350 degrees, and bake for 1 hour. Check toward the end, using the toothpick test. This should slice and move from pan to plate pretty solid, if it looks giggly when you pound the bottom, cook for another 15 minutes.