Gobble up stuffed peppers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground turkey
1 clong grain rice, cooked
4 Tbspsalsa, chunky
4 Tbspworchestershire sauce
3/4 cv8 spicy tomato juice
1 Tbspblack pepper
2 Tbspfire roasted spicy pepper pesto
1 chot pepper jack cheese
1/4 cpanko crumbs
1 can(s)tomatoes,okra and corn (margaret holmes brand)
How to Make Gobble up stuffed peppers
- Little olive oil in frying pan to brown the ground turkey. Pepper as desired to taste.
- Bring two cups water to a rolling boil. Put the 1 cup of long grain rice into the water, stir. Lower the temp on the stove to simmer, cover the pot and let sit 20 min until the rice is tender.
- Wash the peppers with cool water to clean and freshen up. Cut off the stem portion of the peppers. Disguard the top and clean out the seeds and pepper membrain. Line a 8x8 pan with aluminum foil. Place the peppers into the lined pan with the open end up.
- Put the cooked rice and browned turkey into a large bowl. Add the salsa, V8 spicy tomato juice, black pepper, fire roasted spicy pepper pesto, panko crumbs,worchestershire sauce and the one can of tomatoes, okra and corn to the bowl. Also add 3/4 cup of the hot pepper jack cheese.
- Use a micro planer to grate the two garlic cloves over the bowl of ingredients. You will have to turn over the planer and scrap the garlic off into the bowl.
- This will be a healthy amount of ingredients. Stuff the peppers generously mounding the tops. I will sprinkle a little Worchestershire sauce over each of the peppers centers.
- Bake 350 for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Hot pepper jack cheese over the top of the peppers. Serve.
- I reserve the remainder of the ingredients in the bowl for tacos. Just add more salsa to the mix. Stuff the taco shell, warm up in the microwave and serve.
- This recipe will do two meals, Gooble Up Stuffed Peppers and Tacos the next day. Can freeze the ingredients to do the Tacos later.