Frozen Turkey Thanksgiving Morning
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1frozen 12 pound turkey
4 Tbsppoultry seasoning
2 pinchparsley flakes
1turkey sized cooking bag
How to Make Frozen Turkey Thanksgiving Morning
- I placed the turkey in a plastic cooking bag. Rub top of turkey with cooking oil and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons poultry seasoning. Tie bag in a knot( not tight)
- Place in oven and bake on 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes
- Carefully remove turkey from oven and remove plastic bag of giblets. Re tie bag
- Cook about an hour more. Remove turkey from oven. Carefully untie bag and with tongs remove neck from cavity. Also I basted out the cavity juices because mine looked too "bloody". Now is the time to add your own touches. I mix the butter, parsley and remaining seasoning and stuff it under the breast skin, If the skin tears (mine did) just cover the breasts with small amount of foil so it doesn't dry out.
- Re tie the bag tight and let cook until done. Check that the breast temperature has reached 170 degrees.
- Remove from oven, snip bag open and allow Turkey to settle for about 15 minutes. The juices can be made into gravy or reserved for stock.