Frozen Turkey Thanksgiving Morning
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- frozen 12 pound turkey
- 4 Tbsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1/2 c
- 2 pinch
- parsley flakes
- turkey sized cooking bag
How to Make Frozen Turkey Thanksgiving Morning
- 1I placed the turkey in a plastic cooking bag. Rub top of turkey with cooking oil and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons poultry seasoning. Tie bag in a knot( not tight)
- 2Place in oven and bake on 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes
- 3Carefully remove turkey from oven and remove plastic bag of giblets. Re tie bag
- 4Cook about an hour more. Remove turkey from oven. Carefully untie bag and with tongs remove neck from cavity. Also I basted out the cavity juices because mine looked too "bloody". Now is the time to add your own touches. I mix the butter, parsley and remaining seasoning and stuff it under the breast skin, If the skin tears (mine did) just cover the breasts with small amount of foil so it doesn't dry out.
- 5Re tie the bag tight and let cook until done. Check that the breast temperature has reached 170 degrees.
- 6Remove from oven, snip bag open and allow Turkey to settle for about 15 minutes. The juices can be made into gravy or reserved for stock.