By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 bottlegarlic juice
1/2 bottleonion juice
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 tsplemon juice
1/2 tsphot pepper sauce
4 Tbspfajita seasoning
1/2 cwhite wine
1/2 can(s)chicken broth
How to Make Fried Turkey
- Ingredients and amounts may be varied according to individual taste.
- Blend all ingredients (except broth) in a large sauce pan over low heat.
- Add chicken broth to pan which will approximately double amount of mixture.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes then cool to room temperature.
- Wash turkey thoroughly.
- Using a large syringe, inject cooled mixture into all meaty areas of turkey (breast, wings, drumsticks, thighs, etc.).
- Let marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- To Cook: Heat 5 gallons of cooking oil (preferably peanut oil) to 300 degrees in large boiling pot (35 to 45 quarts).
- Lower whole turkey into hot oil SLOWLY and CAREFULLY.
- Cover pot checking oil temperature every few minutes maintaining a 280-310 degree range.
- Cook for exactly 3.5 minutes per pound of turkey weight (i.e. a 10 pound turkey will cook in 35 minutes).
- As soon as time is up, remove turkey, wrap in aluminum foil.
- After at least 15 minutes, slice turkey as you would a baked one.