Fried Cabbage, Turkey Sausage Skillets
- 4 -5
- potatoes, washed sliced with peel on
- 1 pkg
- turkey smoked sausage, sliced 14 oz.
- 1 1/2
- medium head of cabbage, cut in 1/2 inch segments
- bell pepper, chopped
- seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgn olive oil, or bacon drippings
How to Make Fried Cabbage, Turkey Sausage Skillets
- 1You will need two large skillets for this dish. one for the potatoes and sausage and one for the cabbage. place 2 tbs. oil in each. fry potatoes with 1/2 of an onion. fry 20 minutes low heat covered. remove lid and add sausage sliced up and turn up heat to medium stirring often, make crispy.
- 2while potatoes are cooking, fry cabbage ,sliced onions and bell pepper in 2 tbs olive oil or bacon drippings, cover with lid and stir often. fry until tender over medium heat.
- 3season both skillets with seasoning salt and pepper. when cabbage is tender and potatoes and sausage are crispy. plate up with cabbage over top of potato mixture.