flavorful thanksgiving stuffing alla Nanna
sharing it with pride.....Nanna
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 sticksalted butter (i prefer butter over margarine, but to each his own)
1 largeonion chopped
1 cchopped celery
1 Tbspchicken base (i keep minor's brand in my fridge at all times)
1/2 lbbacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 lbsausage cooked and crmbled (plain or sage works)
1 bag(s)pepperage farm seasoned croutons
How to Make flavorful thanksgiving stuffing alla Nanna
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and add chopped onion. Cook onion till clear.
- When Onion is done add the water, chicken base and celery. Bring to a boil and cook celery till desired softness. Remove from heat and set aside.
- cook bacon, drain and put on paper towel. Set aside. In the same pan (no sense in make another dirty) cook the sausage till done. Drain and add to bacon (if your dish is big enough)
- In a large bowl toss croutons, sausage and bacon together. Add contents of the sauce pan that contains stock, onion and celery and quickly toss to make sure everything has been moistened.
- At this point you can either stuff your turkey (my choice every time) or put in a covered corning ware to warm in the oven @ 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.