- 12 lb
- 1 - 12 oz
- Bottled Beer, (Blue Moon)
- 1 c
- 1 large
- Yellow Onion
- 1 lb
- Baby Carrots
- 4 large
- Celery Stalks
- 2 Tbsp
- Butter (Smart Balance)
- 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- Dried Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to Make Drunkin Turkey
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Pull out turkey neck and organs. Rinse turkey inside and out, neck and organs. Place everything in roasting pan.
- 3Pour beer in and around turkey. Pout water around turkey.
- 4Cut 1/2 onion in large wedges the other 1/2 in smaller wedges. Place 3 large wedges inside of turkey. All other wedges large and small around turkey
- 5Place about a handfull if baby carrots inside turkey. Scatter all other carrots around turkey.
- 6Be sure to use all of celery including the leaves and inside stalks. Chop leaves and inside stalks. Place inside turkey. Chop rest of celery and place around turkey.
- 7Take 1 tablespoon of butter cut in half and spread under skin of turkey by breast. Take other tablespoon of butter and rub all over outside of turkey.
- 8Rub olive oil all over outside of turkey.
- 9Season turkey, inside and out, and the vegetables and beer broth around turkey with salt and pepper. Sprinkle rosemary all over turkey inside and out.
- 10Cover turkey with foil. Place in oven set at 325 and bake covered for about 3 hours. Uncover and roast for remaining time basting with juices often. Most directions say about 4 hours but count on it taking longer.
- 11When done, remove Turkey from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 12Place turkey on platter, spoon vegetables around turkey and serve.