Doug's Terrific Turkey Seasoning
★★★★★ 1 vote5
TO BRINE THE TURKEY (4-8 HOURS) -- DISSOLVE 1 CUP KOSHER SALT AND 1 CUP WHITE SUGAR IN WATER SUFFICIENT TO COVER THE TURKEY.
3 Tbspkosher salt
2 Tbspcracked black pepper
2 Tbspgarlic powder
118-20 lb. turkey
How to Make Doug's Terrific Turkey Seasoning
- Combine the salt, black pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- About 1-2 hours before time to cook turkey, rub the inside and outside of the turkey with all of the spices. Yes, use it all! Let the turkey rest for 1-2 hours.
- Place the turkey upside down in a roasting pan. Bake at 400 degrees until the skin begins to crisp.
- Turn the turkey over and lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees. When the skin begins to brown, add 4-6 cups water into the roaster, and cover the turkey with foil to prevent burning.
- Complete baking the turkey until its internal temperature registers 165 degrees.
- Remove the turkey from the oven when done, and allow it to rest 20-30 minutes before carving. Use the drippings in the roaster to make gravy!!