Deep-Fried Wild Turkey1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1wild turkey, whole, dressed
2.5 galpeanut oil
1 citalian salad dressing
1/2 cfresh lemon juice
3 Tbsponion juice
3 Tbspgarlic juice
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspliquid smoke flavoring
How to Make Deep-Fried Wild Turkey
- Mix all ingredients except turkey and peanut oil to make a marinade.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Use meat injecting needle to inject all through turkey.
- Put turkey and marinade in a large plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days.
- Remove in time to bring to room temp before cooking.
- Heat oil in a 40-60 quart pot to 325 degrees (Use candy thermometer).
- Immerse turkey completely and cook for 4 minutes per pound.
- Place a pie tin with holes in the bottom in the bottom of the deep fryer to prevent sticking.