Crock Pot Barbecue Turkey w/ Corn Salad
- 1 tsp
- mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 3 Tbsp
- packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp
- groun cayenne pepper - salt - pepper
- 4 lb
- bone in turkey thighs, skinned
- 1 c
- plus 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 c
- plus 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- 10 oz. lima beans
- 2 c
- fresh corn kernels (from 3 ears of corn)
- 2 stick
- celery, sliced
- 4 medium
- carrots, thinly sliced
How to Make Crock Pot Barbecue Turkey w/ Corn Salad
- 1Turkey preparation in crockpot
In a small bowl,combine mustard powder, 1 Tbsp. paprika,1 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1/2 tsp.cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Place turkey in large dish and rub spice mixture all over meat. Spice rubbed turkey can be covered and refridgerated up to 1 day ahead.
- 2In a 6 quart crockpot bowl, combine 1 cup water and 1/4 cup vinegar. Place turkey in crockpot in a single layer overlapping slightly is necessary. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- 3B-B-Q sauce preparation
In 2 quart sauce pan combin ketchup, 1/4 cup vinegar, remaining 1 tsp. paprika, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper and 2 Tbls. water. Heat to boiling on medium, stirring, then reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer; cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. BBQ sauce can be refridgerated for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
- 4Salad preparation
Cook lima beans as directed; drain, rinse under cold water until cool, and drain again. In a large bowl, toss together corn, celery, carrots, lima beans, 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce and remaining 3 Tbsp. vinegar.
- 5Serve turkey thighs with BBQ sauce and corn salad.
sweet potato fries with this combo is yummy!