Chicken (Or Turkey) Cheese Crepes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
This looks like a lot of steps, but it truly goes together quickly. I often times will just use purchased crepes that makes it even faster.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cmilk
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 Tbspinstant chicken bouillon
1/2 cgruyere cheese, shredded
1/4 cdry white wine
2 Tbspparsley, snipped
2 ozmushrooms, sliced and drained
7 ozfrozen peas
2 cchicken or turkey, cooked and chopped
2 Tbsppimiento, chopped
How to Make Chicken (Or Turkey) Cheese Crepes
Mix all crepe ingredients in a bowl and beat with a rotary beater until blended.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet. Remove from heat.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.
- Return to heat; brown on one side only. Remove crepe to paper towel.
Repeat to make 16- 18 crepes; greasing skillet occasionally.
- Cheese sauce:
In a medium saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk, water and chicken bouillon granules all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese, wine, parsley and Tabasco.
- Remove 1 cup of the cheese sauce and set aside.
- Stir drained mushrooms into remaining sauce.
Cook peas according to package directions; drain.
- Combine peas, chicken or turkey, pimento and the 1 cup reserved cheese sauce.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling over the unbrowned side of each crepe, leaving a 1/4 inch rim around edge.
- Roll up crepe. Place, seam side down, in a 12x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over crepes. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Cover; bake in a 375F oven for 18-20 minutes or till heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.