Chelle's Famous Turkey Meatballs
Photo is baked as these can be either baked or fried. **Cooking times will vary depending on batch size and cooking method**
- 3 lb
- ground turkey breast
- 1 c
- fine breadcrumb (old london or progresso are best,seasoned)
- 1/2 c
- asiago 3-cheese blend, shredded (asagio,parm,romano blend)
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- cajun-louisiana seasoning blend, to taste (like luzianne cajun seasoning or tony chachere's )
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil, (optional) for pan cooking
How to Make Chelle's Famous Turkey Meatballs
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey and eggs until thoroughly mixed.
- 2Add seasonings to suit your taste. I tend to be fairly heavy handed,especially with garlic and black pepper. ;) Mix completely.
- 3Add cheese and bread crumbs. *If mixture is still too moist, feel free to add more bread crumbs until desired consistency is achieved.
- 4Roll into large, walnut sized balls and set aside.
- 5To fry: In a large skillet, warm 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs until golden brown, turning so that each side is browned. (Hint- a screen is helpful since the oil may pop and splatter like bacon).
- 6To bake: Place meatballs on a foiled or lightly sprayed pan and bake in oven at 360 degrees for 30-35 min (oven times may vary).
- 7Serving tip: My family likes these plain, with Contadina sweet and sour sauce (doctored up) on brown rice, in a marinara over your favorite pasta, slice in half on French rolls with marinara and cheese for a great meatball sandwich, in Swedish meatballs, in a BBQ sauce or anything for a party, you name it! They do freeze well too. Enjoy! ;).