Cheesy Turkey Burger Quesadillas
Diane Hopson Smith
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 lbground turkey (can use ground beef, chicken or pork)
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tspred pepper flakes (optional)
2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 cketchup (sugar free for less calories)
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
2bouillon cubes, crushed
4 largeflour tortilla shells, soft (choose low fat for heathier choice)
·additional vegetable oil for brushing
·jalapeno pepper rings (pickled) optional
2 ccheese, shredded (i used sharp cheddar and colby cheese) choose low fat cheeses for healthier choice
How to Make Cheesy Turkey Burger Quesadillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions and Sauté until tender.
- Add ground turkey, cook until completely cooked; add salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes (if desired), garlic powder, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and crushed bouillon . Stir all ingredients together and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain any oil and blot any excess oil with paper towels.
- Lightly brush one side of each of the 4 tortilla shells and lay 2 shells oiled side down on baking sheet. Top each with 1/2 of the meat mixture; spread evenly over tortilla shell. Add jalapeno slices (if desired) and cheese. Top each with the other 2 shells oil side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly browned and crisp and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven; cool for about 5 minutes. Using knife or pizza cutter, cut into 4 triangles and serve.