Cheesy Turkey Burger Quesadillas
Diane Hopson Smith
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 lb
- ground turkey (can use ground beef, chicken or pork)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- ketchup (sugar free for less calories)
- 1 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- bouillon cubes, crushed
- 4 large
- flour tortilla shells, soft (choose low fat for heathier choice)
- additional vegetable oil for brushing
- jalapeno pepper rings (pickled) optional
- 2 c
- cheese, shredded (i used sharp cheddar and colby cheese) choose low fat cheeses for healthier choice
How to Make Cheesy Turkey Burger Quesadillas
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions and Sauté until tender.
- 3Add ground turkey, cook until completely cooked; add salt and pepper to taste, red pepper flakes (if desired), garlic powder, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and crushed bouillon . Stir all ingredients together and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and drain any oil and blot any excess oil with paper towels.
- 5Lightly brush one side of each of the 4 tortilla shells and lay 2 shells oiled side down on baking sheet. Top each with 1/2 of the meat mixture; spread evenly over tortilla shell. Add jalapeno slices (if desired) and cheese. Top each with the other 2 shells oil side up.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until shells are lightly browned and crisp and cheese is melted.
- 7Remove from oven; cool for about 5 minutes. Using knife or pizza cutter, cut into 4 triangles and serve.