Butter Seasoning For a Moist Turkey!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- turkey /size doesn't matter here... if it's over 20lbs add an extra half of everything...
- 1 1/2 c
- butter/ unsalted or
- 1 tsp
- each of- parsley, red pepper flake, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/4 tsp
- salt- krosher/sea salt is best
How to Make Butter Seasoning For a Moist Turkey!
- 1Make sure your turkey is thawed and "stuff" removed from cavity.
- 2mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and add to a 1 gal storage/freezer bag, rolling into a log and sqeezing out the air.
- 3place in freezer for 2 hours or until firm enouhg to slice into 1/4 inch discs
- 4gentley separait the skin from the breast from neck to hip area creating a pocket.
- 5Cut into quarters- 4-6 apples (these should be firmer baking apples, golden d's or similar. Mac's or other softer apples will turn to mush and you want to beable to remove them), stuff into cavity. Feel free to add an onion quarted if you wish to cut the sweetness. Pack tightly and seal-but be sure you account for the extra weight- add about 15 min to total cook time if you use this step...
- 6distribute discs evenly from hip to neck in the pocket
- 7use cloves to re-attach the skin to the neck hole. and cook turkey as directed, not removing foil until the last 15-20 min(ish) of cooking so the herbs, seasoning and butter don't burn.(unless you use the bag method)