Butter Roasted Turkey and Dressing
- 15 lb
- 1-2 stick
- butter or quality margarine, chopped into "pats"
- small onion, chopped
- stalks celery, chopped
- your favorite dressing recipe
- water for bottom of roaster/pan
How to Make Butter Roasted Turkey and Dressing
- 1Remove giblets and neck from turkey and rinse turkey (you can discard neck and giblets if you want).
- 2Chop onion, celery, and butter, mix all together in a large bowl.
- 3Place turkey in roaster or large, deep oven pan.
- 4Take celery/onion/butter in handfuls from bowl and stuff the turkey with them, be sure to use it all. In the bottom of the roaster or pan, put approx 1 inch of water.
- 5Bake in black and white roaster (this is normally how I make it, but have made them in the oven before) or in your oven at 325 degrees. If cooking turkey in the oven, make a foil tent over the turkey from aluminum foil. The turkey will take approximately 3 1/2 hours to cook, in both roaster and oven.
- 6When turkey is cooked, remove it from the oven pan or roaster, leaving the liquid and vegetables in the broth left behind.
- 7Use the broth and vegetables from the turkey as the liquid for your favorite dressing recipe (this even works well with Stove Top). The dressing will taste like it was stuffed in the turkey.
- 8If you have more turkey broth left over, mix with flour until desired texture to make gravy. I use a whisk.