Buffalo Blue Stuffed Peppers
- large red or orange bell peppers
- 2 lb
- ground turkey
- 1 box
- couscous (plan or light flavor)
- 1 medium
- a few celery stalks
- 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/4 c
- frank's red hot (buffalo flavor) or more to taste
- 1 pkg
- bleu cheese crumbles
- original mrs dash or season to taste
- bread crumbs
How to Make Buffalo Blue Stuffed Peppers
- 1Put the blue cheese crumbles in the freezer while preparing everything else.
- 2Prepare cous cous as directed using only 1/4-1/2 of flavoring packet. Set aside.
- 3Cut off tops of peppers and scrape out seeds. Place them in a pot standing up with about a 1/4 cup of water on the bottom and cover. Set the pot to boil to steam the peppers until they start to soften so you can push a knife through them fairly easy. Drain any remaining water out and set them aside, uncovered.
- 4Pre heat oven to 375F
- 5Chop onion and celery, and garlic if using fresh. Saute in a skillet on medium heat for a few minutes and then add ground turkey. Season to taste with Mrs. Dash or just your favorite seasonings and the Franks hot to your heat preference. Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is done.
- 6Transfer meat to large mixing bowl, add cous cous and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- 7While the meat mixture is cooling cut the peppers in half lengthwise and arrange in a baking dish.
- 8When the meat mix has cooled mix in the blue cheese crumbles just until mixed in, not until they start melting. Spoon mixture into the peppers and sprinkle the tops with bread crumbs.
- 9Bake for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are soft when pierced with a fork and the bread crumbs start to brown. Cook a little longer for softer peppers.