Buffalo Blue Stuffed Peppers
4large red or orange bell peppers
2 lbground turkey
1 boxcouscous (plan or light flavor)
·a few celery stalks
3 Tbspminced garlic
1/4 cfrank's red hot (buffalo flavor) or more to taste
1 pkgbleu cheese crumbles
·original mrs dash or season to taste
How to Make Buffalo Blue Stuffed Peppers
- Put the blue cheese crumbles in the freezer while preparing everything else.
- Prepare cous cous as directed using only 1/4-1/2 of flavoring packet. Set aside.
- Cut off tops of peppers and scrape out seeds. Place them in a pot standing up with about a 1/4 cup of water on the bottom and cover. Set the pot to boil to steam the peppers until they start to soften so you can push a knife through them fairly easy. Drain any remaining water out and set them aside, uncovered.
- Pre heat oven to 375F
- Chop onion and celery, and garlic if using fresh. Saute in a skillet on medium heat for a few minutes and then add ground turkey. Season to taste with Mrs. Dash or just your favorite seasonings and the Franks hot to your heat preference. Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is done.
- Transfer meat to large mixing bowl, add cous cous and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- While the meat mixture is cooling cut the peppers in half lengthwise and arrange in a baking dish.
- When the meat mix has cooled mix in the blue cheese crumbles just until mixed in, not until they start melting. Spoon mixture into the peppers and sprinkle the tops with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are soft when pierced with a fork and the bread crumbs start to brown. Cook a little longer for softer peppers.