How to Make Best Turkey Ever
- Stuff turkey with your favorite dressing or no dressing.
- Spray turkey with butter.
- Place turkey in a large pan. Cover with heavy-duty foil and crimp all around the pan. Keep foil from touching turkey.
- Place in a 450 degree oven. If your turkey is stuffed, add 30 to 45 minutes to total roasting time.
8 to 10 lb turkey - 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours
10 to 12 lb turkey - 2-3/4 to 3 hours
14 to 16 lb turkey - 3 to 3-1/4 hours
18 to 20 lb turkey - 3-1/4 to 3-1/2 hours
22 to 24 lb turkey - 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 hours
Uncover last 20 to 30 minutes and baste. When done, let turkey rest for about 20 minutes.
- Your turkey will be brown and very moist. Even my 32 lb turkey was fantastic.