Barbeque Sauced Turkey Loaf
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium
- cooking onion, minced
- celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium
- gala apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 lb
- ground turkey breast
- slices whole grain bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1 large
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared barbeque sauce (+ more for garnish)
How to Make Barbeque Sauced Turkey Loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously spray a 4X8 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a 10" non stick skillet, saute the onion, celery and apple in the vegetable oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until just starting to get soft. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- 3While mixture is cooling, in a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and barbeque sauce. Add the sauteed mixture and mix well with your hands.
- 4Transfer to prepared loaf pan, pressing down to compact mixture. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- 5Before serving, garnish with additional barbeque sauce.