1 lbelbow macaroni, cooked
1 lbground turkey, (or beef, chicken, sausage or tofu crumbles)
1 jar(s)pasta sauce, (26 ounces)
·freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 lbricotta cheese or cottage cheese
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
2 cdiced zucchini, matchstick carrots, etc
·salt and pepper
How to Make Almost Lasagna
- Brown meat and drain well, if necessary
- While meat is cooking, stir together eggs, ricotta, grated Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Mix cooked meat, macaroni, sauce and veggies. Add ricotta mixture and blend well.
- Coat a 9-by-13 baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil and spread half of macaroni mixture evenly over the bottom. Top with a cup of mozzarella and a healthy sprinkle of grated Parmesan. Add the remaining macaroni mixture and top with another cup of mozzarella and another sprinkle of Parmesan. Cover with foil.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake the casserole for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is lightly browned and bubbly.