Takos Tou Tpitn ue Quinoa Opa!
- 1 c
- quinoa, rinsed and drained (golden or tri-colored quinoa)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, or more if needed
- 1/2 tsp
- dried greek oregano
- bay leaf (fresh if possible!)
- ground allspice (a very small pinch!)
- 2 c
- tomato broth (i make my own by pureeing one small tomato such as roma, strain, then dilute with water)
- black pepper, to taste
- taco shells (corn or flour-although we tried the tacos with crispy flour tortillas this time around)
- homemade tzatziki (which contained dill instead of the more common mint)
- baby spinach or similar greens
- feta, myzithra or kefalotyri cheese (crumbled/grated)
- sliced hot peppers or hot sauce
- grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- pine nuts, lightly toasted (or walnuts if you just don't want to pay the price for pine nuts)
How to Make Takos Tou Tpitn ue Quinoa Opa!
- 1In a sauce pan, pour the olive oil and heat on *medium* heat but no higher! Add the rinsed and drained quinoa, sauteeing for about 5 minutes. Add the oregano, bay leaf and allspice. Sautè another 1 minute. Pour in the tomato broth; season with black pepper. Cover the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Removed from heat and keep covered.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare your garnishes and arrange on a serving platter. Lightly fry or steam the tortillas.
- 3To serve: Spoon some of the cooked quinoa into a taco shell. Add the garnishes of choice. Enjoy! Yasou!