Crunchy Dorito Taco Salad
3 pkgtaco seasoning mix, heat of choice
1 bag(s)or so of shredded lettuce
1 ptcherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
2 can(s)pitted black olives (lg), sliced
1 can(s)red onion, chopped
1 bunchscallions/green onions, chopped
1 bag(s)mexican or taco shredded cheese (16oz)
16 ozsour cream
2 can(s)refried beans
2 bag(s)nacho and ranch doritos, family size
1 bottletaco sauce
How to Make Crunchy Dorito Taco Salad
- Brown meat, drain fat. Add 3 seasoning packs with amount of water indicated, stir well and let simmer.
- Heat up refried beans in a medium sized sauce pan, add 1/2 to full cup of meat mixture and stir well.
- Set toppings out, and build your own.
- We served homemade guacamole with ours.
3 avocados, peeled/chopped
3 medium sized limes, halved and juiced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
Mash lime juice and avocado together, leaving some pieces chunky for texture. Stir in cilantro, red onion, salt and pepper.
- Disclaimer: copied from an old profile of mine, that I no longer have access to, but this is my original recipe.