Corn And Green Chili Tamale Casserole
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
The spicy casserole can also be made in a microwave: Cook on high until it's hot and bubbling, about 15 minutes; rotate the dish several times, if necessary.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 4-ozfrozen tamales, chicken or beef
10 ozfrozen corn
4 ozgreen chilies, diced
3green onions, chopped
1 cwhipping cream
7 ozsalsa verde
1 1/2 tspchili powder
1 tspground cumin
2 cmonterey jack cheese, grated
·avocado wedges, optional
·salsa verde, optional
How to Make Corn And Green Chili Tamale Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place frozen tamales in microwave and cook on high until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove husks.
- Cut tamales in half lengthwise.
- Place in single layer in 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
- Sprinkle with frozen corn, chilies, green onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Whisk cream, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend; drizzle over casserole.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Bake casserole until heated through and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Serve with avocado and more salsa, if desired.