Corn And Green Chili Tamale Casserole
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
The spicy casserole can also be made in a microwave: Cook on high until it's hot and bubbling, about 15 minutes; rotate the dish several times, if necessary.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 4-oz
- frozen tamales, chicken or beef
- 10 oz
- frozen corn
- 4 oz
- green chilies, diced
- green onions, chopped
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 7 oz
- salsa verde
- 1 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- avocado wedges, optional
- salsa verde, optional
How to Make Corn And Green Chili Tamale Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place frozen tamales in microwave and cook on high until thawed, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove husks.
- 4Cut tamales in half lengthwise.
- 5Place in single layer in 10-inch-diameter glass pie dish.
- 6Sprinkle with frozen corn, chilies, green onions and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- 7Whisk cream, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend; drizzle over casserole.
- 8Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- 9Bake casserole until heated through and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro.
- 11Serve with avocado and more salsa, if desired.