Air Fryer Crispy Taco-Rito
I remembered seeing a recipe for some mini tacos done in the air fryer and the dim little light bulb in my brain came on and said that was a good start.
He likes Burritos and I like Tacos so I came up with Plan B !!
We decided to create a taco/burrito and make it crispy .. success !
Next time I will cut them into wedges for serving.
Simple to do, quick to do and can be a meal or appetizers !
126" flour tortillas
1 can(s)pinto beans - 15 oz can
1 can(s)black beans - 15 oz can
1/2 lblean ground beef
2 - 3 Tbsptaco seasoning - pkg or home made
1/2 cdiced tomato - fresh
1 can(s)diced green chilies (4 oz can) heat of your choice
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
1 cshredded monterey jack cheese
·small amount of oil or cooking spray
How to Make Air Fryer Crispy Taco-Rito
- This meat and bean mixture makes more than you will need for 12 servings.
Freeze what you don't use or serve it hot with tortilla chips for a fun dip !
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 while you are prepping.
- Drain and rinse the pinto beans and the black beans.
Set aside about 1/2 cup of each.
Place the remaining into a glass 2 cup measuring cup and puree them with an immersion blender.
If you do not have an immersion blender put them into a blender or simply mash them with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a medium size pot then drain thoroughly.
Return the meat to the pot then add the blended bean mixture and the whole beans which you set aside earlier.
Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beans then stir to blend.
If you feel that this mixture is too thick add about 1/4 cup of water and stir it in.
Heat over low just to warm everything.
- Lay the tortillas out and spread about 2 Tbsp of the bean and meat mixture over the entire tortilla.
Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of the diced green chilies and about 1 Tbsp of the diced tomatoes down the center of the meat and bean mixture.
Top with the shredded cheese.
- Carefully fold the tortilla in half and either spray the outside with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
Lay the oiled side down in the air fryer and spray or brush the other side.
- Cook for about 3 minutes then flip to the other side.
Cook for another 3 minutes.
If it is not crispy enough cook for another 1 - 2 minutes .. watch carefully that it does not burn.
- Note: The tortilla may puff up a bit while cooking .. if you notice it doing that and don't want the puff simply poke the puff with the tip of a knife and press down lightly.
- Serve hot either as they are or cut into wedges for more of an appetizer presentation.
Serve with a side of salsa and sour cream for dipping.