Southwest Grilled Chicken
1 cvegetable oil
1/3 cred wine vinegar
2 Tbspdijon mustard
1 1/2 tspblack pepper fresh ground
3/4 tspdried tarragon crumbled
1/2 tsphot pepper flakes (to taste)
2 lbchicken parts
How to Make Southwest Grilled Chicken
- Breasts (halved if whole) and the legs cut into drumsticks and thigh sections.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, sugar, black pepper, tarragon, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken and turn it to coat with the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate, covered and chilled, overnight.
- Drain it and discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning it, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.