Southern Maple Pork Chop Dinner
- pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 17-ounce can(s)
- sweet potatoes, drained
- 10.2-ounce can(s)
- homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 3/4 cup
- maple-flavored syrup
How to Make Southern Maple Pork Chop Dinner
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook about 5 minutes each side or until browned on both sides.
- 3Place browned pork chops in a 15x10-inch baking dish, and sprinkle the onion powder seasoning mix over the pork chops. Arrange sweet potatoes around the pork chops. Cover dish with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- 4Drain and discard pan drippings. Move pork chops and sweet potatoes to one side of the pan. Separate the dough into 5 biscuits, and arrange the biscuits in the cleared area of the pan (alongside the pork chops). Drizzle the maple syrup over the pork chops, sweet potatoes and biscuits.
- 5Return the baking dish to the oven and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes more or until the biscuits are golden and the pork chops are no longer pink inside (thermometer should read 160°).
- 6To serve, spoon pan liquid over pork chops and sweet potatoes.