- round steaks, cut very thin
- 6-12 scoop(s)
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- dill pickle spears, chopped
- 6 tsp
- yellow mustard
- to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
How to Make Rouladen
- 1Pound the steaks with a mallet until they are very thin.
- 2The steaks need to be 6" long by 3 or 4" wide.
- 3Cook the bacon half way done. Don't overcook.
- 4Spread 1 tsp. mustard evenly on each steak to coat.
- 5Sprinkle each with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Place 1 or 2 slices of bacon on each steak lengthwise. It will depend on how wide your steaks are. 1 slice for narrow steak 2 if steaks are wider.
- 7Spread 1/6 of the onion on each to cover.
- 8Place 1/6 of the pickle on each to cover.
- 9Roll each steak like a jelly roll and secure with a toothpick.
- 10Brown the meat rolls in a skillet.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Add 1 c. water to the meat drippings. and make a gravy. Stir often.
- 13Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1 T water. Add it to the gravy to thicken it.
- 14Return the steaks to the skillet and cook until done and hot.
- 15Spoon the gravy over the steaks to serve.
- 16NOTE: Your steaks should be 6 inches log and 3-4 inches wide and about 1/4 inch thick.