6round steaks, cut very thin
1 largeonion, chopped
6dill pickle spears, chopped
6 tspyellow mustard
to tastesalt and pepper
How to Make Rouladen
- Pound the steaks with a mallet until they are very thin.
- The steaks need to be 6" long by 3 or 4" wide.
- Cook the bacon half way done. Don't overcook.
- Spread 1 tsp. mustard evenly on each steak to coat.
- Sprinkle each with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of bacon on each steak lengthwise. It will depend on how wide your steaks are. 1 slice for narrow steak 2 if steaks are wider.
- Spread 1/6 of the onion on each to cover.
- Place 1/6 of the pickle on each to cover.
- Roll each steak like a jelly roll and secure with a toothpick.
- Brown the meat rolls in a skillet.
- Set aside.
- Add 1 c. water to the meat drippings. and make a gravy. Stir often.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1 T water. Add it to the gravy to thicken it.
- Return the steaks to the skillet and cook until done and hot.
- Spoon the gravy over the steaks to serve.
- NOTE: Your steaks should be 6 inches log and 3-4 inches wide and about 1/4 inch thick.