Rib Eye with Salty Red Wine Gravy
·1 inch thick rib eye steak, with some marbling around the edges
1/4 ccanola oil (may use vegetable)
1 Tbspkosher salt
1/2 Tbspground pepper
SALTY RED WINE GRAVY
1/2 cred wine
2 Tbspheavy whipping cream
How to Make Rib Eye with Salty Red Wine Gravy
- Blot steak with paper towel and let sit for 30 minutes to come to room temperate before cooking.
- Turn on broiler and place oven rack 6-8 inches below the broiler element. Heat cast iron skillet on the rack.
- Mix salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub oil on steak then sprinkle salt mixture generously on both sides of the steak, patting the steak so the salt sticks.
- Turn stove burner to high heat. Using a very thick oven mitt, put the hot cast iron skillet from the oven to the high heat stove burner. Using long sturdy kitchen tongs, place the steak in the hot pan. It will sizzle immediately. Cook the steak for 30 seconds then flip it over. Cook an additional 30 seconds then put the skillet and steak in the oven. Cook for 2 minutes. (Turn off stove burner.) Using long tongs, turn the steak and cook another 2 minutes.
- If you want medium-rare steak, move to step 6. If you want medium cook an additional 2 minutes.
- While steak is resting, make your gravy. First get your flour water mixture ready by combing flour and water and mixing until no lumps remain. Place cast iron pan back on burner and turn to medium. Add wine, scrapping the bottom while stirring. Add cream and stir some more. Mix in flour water mixture and cook until gravy consistency.