Simple Shepards Pie
How to Make Simple Shepards Pie
- 1In a medium pot poor 8 cups of hot tap water on high let come to a boil. As you are waiting PRE=HEAT oven to 400*. Then reduce heat to medium. Then add you rice. Let your water come a simmer almost a boil then reduce once more to medium-low so rice won't stick nor burn. This step requires at least 15 to 20 minutes or until size has increased.
- 2In a medium size skillet take your choice of ground beef, or Sausage and brown it until it's done all the way through.
- 3In a medium bowl combind your drained veggies, seasoned salt, and black pepper together while the beef, or sauage gets done browning. When done and after you have added that into the bowl with the other.
- 4Take a casserol dish pray with cooking sray or use butter to coat sides and bottom. This is to prevent sticking.
- 5When rice is done cooking add to mixture mix well. You should see the durty look start to come about as you are mixing. When done poor mixture into your prpaired dish. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. When done remove from over let cool for 5 minutes. Surve with your choice of sides.
- 6this makes 4 to 6 survings.