Unique, Delectable Shrimp Scampi!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 lb
- jumbo shrimp (21-25 count) - peeled and deviened - do not leave tail on
- 1 1/2 stick
- salted butter
- medium roma tomatoes
- 5-6 clove
- freshly crushed garlic
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 jar(s)
- capers (drained) - i like mezzetta
- cavender's greek seasoning to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked white rice (optional) - i like jasmine
How to Make Unique, Delectable Shrimp Scampi!
- 1In large skillet, melt butter over low - medium heat. Do not burn butter!
- 2Wash and core tomatoes. Do not peel. Cut tomatoes in 6-8 wedges. Add tomatoes to skillet of melted butter and heat on medium heat for approx 8-10 minutes until tomatoes are softened and are easily crushed by the back of a spoon. Stir tomatoes and butter well (should resemble a gravy type consistency).
- 3Add crushed garlic, incorporate thoroughly. Add wine and lemon juice. Take a taste and add Cavender's seasoning, a little salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. Add capers and parsley. Turn off stove unless you are ready to cook shrimp. (I let it sit if I have made it earlier in the day to maximize flavors. Otherwise, I cook my rice now.)
- 4When ready to prepare shrimp, heat the scampi sauce to the point of rolling boil. Cook the shrimp 3 minutes on EACH side. Serve over rice alongside a green salad. Enjoy!!