1. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels (make sure they are very dry!). Set aside.
2. Add the arrowroot flour, sea salt, ground black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper (optional) in a large mixing bowl and stir with a fork to combine and break apart any clumps. Dip each shrimp in the mixture to lightly coat (do not coat too much or your sauce will not turn out right). Discard any excess mixture and set shrimp aside.
3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add allow the lard/bacon fat or tallow to get hot. Add the shrimp and saute for about 4-5 minutes, turning often. Transfer the shrimp to a serving plate with tongs or a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pan. Add the garlic, shallots, oregano and parsley to the pan and stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and boil for about 1 minute, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine. Season the sauce with sea salt and ground black pepper.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the shrimp to the pan, tossing to combine with the sauce. Return the shrimp to the plate and top with some additional chopped parsley (optional) and some lemon wedges.