Shrimp in Sauce
- 1 lb. raw shelled shrimp, medium size
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. each: red wine vinegar, mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 cups cooked mexican or regular white rice
How to Make Shrimp in Sauce
- 1Rinse and devein shrimp, drain and set aside. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet and saute the onions and garlic til soft. Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar mustard and chili powder. Cook uncovered over low heat 5 minutes. Add cleaned shrimp, mix and cook about 8 minutes til shrimp is cooked.
- 2Put cooked rice on individual plates and spoon on sauce and shrimp mixture. Serve with Mexican style rolls or corn bread.