This recipe comes very close to the famous crawfish boils of N'awlins.
- 1/2 c
- mccormick old bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 qt
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) beer*
- 8 medium
- red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 large
- sweet onions, cut in wedges
- 2 lb
- lean, smoked sausage, cut in 2-inch lengths
- ears fresh corn, broken in half
- 4 lb
- large shrimp in shells
How to Make Shrimp Boil
- 1In an 8-quart pot, bring Old Bay, salt, water, and beer to a boil.
- 2Add potatoes and onions; cook over high heat for 8 minutes.
- 3Add smoked sausage to potatoes and onions; continue to cook on high for 5 minutes.
- 4Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
- 5Add shrimp in shells, cook for 4 minutes.
*Alternative to beer:
Substitute chicken broth or chicken stock.