Shrimp and Bacon Chilaquiles
- 2 strips thick sliced bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion and red bell pepper
- 1 to 2 tbsp. minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup purchased salsa
- 2 small corn tortillas, chopped
- 12 oz. peeled deveined jumbo shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 2 lime wedges
How to Make Shrimp and Bacon Chilaquiles
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet til crisp. transfer bacon to paper towel lined plate; reserve drippings. add onion and bell pepper to drippings and sauté over medium high heat til onion softened, 2 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- 2Add broth and salsa and bring to a boil. Add tortillas, reduce heat to medium low and allow tortilla to soften and dissolve, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and cook til firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish Chilaquiles with bacon and scallions; serve with limes. Serves 2