Seared Scallops with Mediterranean Herb Butter
- 2 lb
- sea scallops (rinsed and patted dry)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- mediterranean herb butter (from specialty cheese shoppe)
- fresh oregano
- fresh parsley
- fresh thyme
- fresh sage
- fresh marjoram
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper
- fresh garlic, minced
- coarse black pepper
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
(IF MEDITERRANEAN HERB BUTTER IS NOT AVAILABLE AT YOUR STORE YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN) MEDITERRANEAN HERB BUTTER:
How to Make Seared Scallops with Mediterranean Herb Butter
- 1Mediterranean Herb butter (Greek herb butter) is made with fresh herbs and olive oil. You can use fresh oregano, parsley, thyme, sage, and marjoram.
Chop up the fresh herbs and add a pinch of cayenne pepper, minced garlic and a few shakes of coarse black pepper.
Mix together in small bowl.
In a bottle, add 3 to 4 tablespoons of herb mixture and approximately 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 2Get your saute pan hot and add 2 Tbsp. oil to pan (oil should begin to smoke).
Place scallops, all flat side down, in hot oil, (don't shake pan, this will allow the scallops to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes).
Flip scallops over and sear other side, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Remove pan from heat and stir in 2 Tablespoons Mediterranean Herb Butter. Toss scallops in pan to coat with butter.
Herb butter is also great when poured on a plate and served with a nice loaf of crusty bread for dunking.