Seafood Essentials: Spicy Shrimp & Pasta
Andy Anderson !
Include a plate with some fresh garden greens, with a splash of balsamic, some freshly baked crusty Italian or French bread, and you have a hearty meal that everyone will enjoy.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- fresh pasta, cooked al dente
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock, not broth
- 1 1/2 tsp
- flour, all purpose variety
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- peeled/deveined shrimp (21/25 count)
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely sliced
- 1 c
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp
- sweet butter, cold, unsalted, and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, sweet or hot, your choice
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
How to Make Seafood Essentials: Spicy Shrimp & Pasta
- 17Chef’s Note: The cayenne and the black pepper are variables in this dish. When Old Man Winter is howling, and the skies are grey with the promise of snow, I’ll add a bit more heat to warm my houseguests up.
However, when the warm winds of Spring begin to blow, I’ll lower, or even eliminate the heat, and serve as a light Spring/Summer dish.
Good chefs understand that spices can be very seasonal.