Scallops With Cream and Basil
It's great with Basmati rice.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
24 ozsea scallops (or 4 to 5 per person)
·sea salt, to taste
·black pepper, to taste
1/4 cchopped shallots
1 tspslivered garlic
1 pinchred pepper flakes
1/2 cdry white white
3/4 cheavy cream
15basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
How to Make Scallops With Cream and Basil
- Put 4 tablespoons butter in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add scallops; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown on both sides, adjusting heat so they brown nicely; they need not cook through. Remove them to a plate.
- Turn off heat, cool pan a bit and wipe out. Add remaining butter over medium heat. When it melts, add shallots, garlic, chili flakes and a little more salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, or until shallots soften.
- Add wine, raise heat a bit, and let bubble away for a minute or so until reduced by about half; add cream and repeat. When liquid is thick, return scallops and juices to pan.
- Cook for about a minute, stirring in half the basil, until scallops are just firm. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Arrange 4 to 5 scallops on individual serving plates, and spoon a bit of the pan sauce over each scallop serving. Garnish with remaining basil, and serve immediately.